Sunday, July 19, 2009

Putting on the Miles


I think my body is getting more and more sore by the day. Or at least today I am extra sore.

Last weekend we went down to Indy and gave the new bike rack a test drive and took the bikes to the Monon trail. It starts in Carmel, and goes all the way to Indy if you want, but we just did the first section to I-465. Round trip 10.5 miles. Next time we are going to go farther on it, maybe to the next town, we shall see.

Then yesterday we decided to try out the bike trail they have over in West Lafayette. Their parks website is horrible, and doesn't have the trails mapped, marked, distanced, or anything that good. The one trail that is near the river I rode when I had my bike at my office last year, and it went for a mile and turned to dirt and then said no bikes. What a fun trail... So we tried the other one, it was good and went through a lot of the town. Round trip 10 miles.

Next weekend we will be up in Mackinac for Sam and Todd's wedding, and we plan on going to the island on Friday. We will ride around town and all that but we also want to ride the road around the island. I think it is 8 miles around. The only state highway that cars aren't allowed on. I'll have lots of pictures from that weekend.

Here are some pics from the Monon.









No comments:

Post a Comment